As many of you probably already know, two months ago I moved my gym into a bigger, more badass facility! This move was a far cry from our humble beginnings in the storage closet!
Just in case there are people reading this who aren’t familiar with the DeFranco’s Gym “story”, here’s a quick timeline for you…
DeFranco’s Gym: Through the years…
- February 2003: “DeFranco’s Gym” is founded…although my “gym” wasn’t much of a “gym”…it was the back of my truck! In my first “facility,” I kept a sled, sandbag, farmers walk implements and a stretching table in my Tahoe as I searched for a “home” for my new business.
- March 2003 - August 2005: “DeFranco’s Gym” moves into a 500sq. ft. storage closet (literally) that was located downstairs from a health club. Before Dhani Jones was “Tackling the Globe” he was squatting with chains in our storage closet!
- September 2005 – June 2010: After being politely asked to leave the storage closet due to “obnoxious” music and a “conflict of interest” with some health club members, DeFranco’s finally moves into its own 2500 square foot warehouse!
- July 2010 – present: DeFranco’s Gym moves next door (740/750 Braen Ave.) into a 5000 square foot warehouse!
At this time, I’m very proud to present this virtual tour of our new facility! The sleepless nights, missed vacations and endless sacrifices have paid off! I think you’ll see that we’ve come a long way since our humble beginnings…
“When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful!” THAT, my friends, is the “secret” to success!
Before Dhani Jones was “Tackling the Globe” he was squatting with chains in our storage closet!
Old Gym Spec List:
- 3 x 3 Power Rack
- Texas Power Bar
- Trap Bar
- Glute Ham Bench
- Reverse Hyper
- 2 Pairs Chains
- 500 Pounds of Weight Plates
- Collegiate Power Rack with Custom Platform (4)
- Texas Power Bar (4)
- Multi-Grip Swiss Bar
- Rackable Cambered Squat Bar
- Rackable Cambered Spider Bar
- Trap Bars (2)
- Log Press Bar
- Bench Log
- 4 Inch Cambered Bar
- 1500lb. Safety Squat Bar
- Olympic Style E-Z Curl Bar
- Fat Barbell (El Gordo)
- Collegiate Box Squat Boxes (4)
- Collegiate 0-90 Bench (4)
- Dumbbell Flat Bench (3)
- 12 Pairs of Chains
- Mini bands, Light bands, Average bands & Strong bands (8 pairs of each)
- Collegiate Glute-Ham Raise
- Belt Squat Machine
- Professional 45 Degree Back Raise
- Dumbbells (Grey Plate Chrome end cap): 5lbs – 150lbs
- Cable Crossover/Lat Pulldown/Low Row Combo (with every thick-handled cable attachment) – Call for more information
- EFS Rickshaw
- Prowler (2)
- Dragging Sleds (2)
- 6’ Farmers Walk Handles
- Medicine balls (5-30lbs.)
- Kettlebells – 15lbs. – 124lbs.
- Bench Press Boards (1, 2, 3, 4boards – 4 of each)
- Chain Mates (2 pairs)
- Captains of Crush Grippers (Trainer, #1, #2, #3)
- Fat Gripz (6 pair)
- Grip4orce (2 pair)
- Blast Straps (3 pair)
- Power Wheel (2)
- Chalk (lots!)