Mac and Cheese
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 2 cups white cheddar cheese
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Salt to taste
- Cook macaroni until al dente (firm but not hard)
- Heat a medium deep skillet to medium heat
- Add olive oil, butter, and flour, combine.
- Gently whisk flour, butter and olive oil.
- Slowly add milk, continue whisking.
- Allow milk to thicken.
- Then add 3 cups of shredded cheese, handfuls at a time.
- Season with nutmeg.
- Salt to taste.
- Add cooked pasta.
- Place in baking dish (casserole-like dish.)
- Put remaining cheese on top.
- Broil until cheese is browned.
Grilled Corn on the Cob
- 6 ears corn
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- Peel back corn husks and remove silk.
- Place 1 tablespoon butter, salt and pepper on each piece of corn.
- Close husks.
- Wrap each ear of corn tightly in aluminum foil.
- Place on the prepared grill.
- Cook approximately 30 minutes.
- Turning occasionally, until corn is tender.